Creating a new App
Here are the step-by-step instructions for obtaining OAuth credentials for GitHub:
Go to the GitHub Developer Settings page and sign in to your account.
- If you’re on your profile page, click “Developer Settings” at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
Click on the Oauth Apps menu and then “Register a new application”.
Enter a name for your application, the homepage URL, and the callback URL.
- Enter whatever name and homepage URL you want. For the callback URL follow the steps below.
- In the Dynamic dashboard, visit either social account linking on the Info Capture page or in the Social Signup page depending on whether you want to do linking or signup.
- Open the Github section of the configuration.
- Copy the Redirect URL and paste it in the Callback URL section in Github.
Click “Register application” button.
Github will create an OAuth app for you and will redirect you to the details page.
Click “Generate a new client secret” button
Copy the “Client ID” and “Client secret” you’ve just created and paste it into “Set up Github Auth” Modal in the Dynamic Dashboard.
Click “Confirm” button.
That’s it! You now have OAuth credentials for your GitHub application that you can use in Dynamic.
If you need more help with configuring the Github OAuth App check their docs here.