Creating a new App
Here are the step-by-step instructions for obtaining OAuth credentials for Discord:
- Go to the Discord Developer Portal and sign in to your account.
- Once you’re signed in, click on the “New Application” button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter a name for your application and click the “Create” button.
- In the left-hand menu, click on the “OAuth2” tab.
- Back in the Dynamic dashboard, in either social account linking on the Info Capture page or in the Social Signup page depending on whether you want to do linking or signup.
- Copy the “Client ID” and “Client secret” from the application you created in Discord and paste it into the modal in the Dynamic Dashboard.
- We recommend you already copy the Redirect URL to your clipboard so you can use it in the next step.
- Click Confirm.
- Return to your Discord OAuth2 page:
- Under the “OAuth2 Redirects” section, click the “Add Redirect” button.
- Copy & paste the Redirect URL provided in your Dynamic Dashboard in the prior step.
- Copy the Redirect URL and paste it in the section on Discord page.
- Click “Save changes” button.
That’s it! You now have OAuth credentials for your Discord application that you can use in Dynamic.
If you need more help with configuring the Discord OAuth App check their docs here.