Here are steps to create basic setup for social accounts linking with Github
Creating a new App
Here are the step-by-step instructions for obtaining OAuth credentials for GitHub:
- Go to the GitHub Developer Settings page and sign in to your account.
- If you're on your profile page, click "Developer Settings" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
- Click on the Oauth Apps menu and then "Register a new application".
- Enter a name for your application, the homepage URL, and the callback URL. You can find the callback URL in Dynamic Dashboard.
- Click "Information capture" card
- Expand "Social Account Linking" section
- Click "Configure" button next to the Github provider.
- Copy the Redirect URL and paste it in the Callback URL section in Github.
- Click "Register application" button.
- Github will create an OAuth app for you and will redirect you to the details page.
- Click "Generate a new client secret" button
- Copy the "Client ID" and "Client secret" you've just created and paste it into "Set up Github Auth" Modal in the Dynamic Dashboard.
- Click "Confirm" button.
That's it! You now have OAuth credentials for your GitHub application that you can use in Dynamic.
Remember to enable the Github and later "Social accounts linking" field in the Information Capture Modal.
If you need more help with configuring the Github OAuth App check their docs here.
Updated about 2 months ago